This is my hands-down new favorite recipe, passed along from Kendall. It is really simple to throw together, especially if you have a mandolin (the cutting tool, not the instrument).
Here is what you need:
Zucchini or yellow squash, or a combination of the two
“Thin and fancy” chicken cutlets (or regular chicken breasts pounded thin)
Cous cous or rice or small pasta
EVOO, salt, pepper, dried oregano (you probably have all of these in your pantry)
Here is how you assemble the dish:
* Line baking pan with lemon slices, and top with chicken cutlets
* Slice zucchini into coins and toss with lemon juice, EVOO, salt, pepper, oregano
* Pour zucchini mix over the chicken and bake in 375 oven for 15-25 minutes
* Sprinkle feta on top of the dish and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through
* Serve over cous cous/rice/pasta
Notes: Your cooking time will vary depending on how thin the chicken cutlets are--the thinner the better; they will not dry out. Leftovers are delicious wrapped in a whole-wheat rollup. I also want to try this with tilapia...