Mitch Hedberg, 1968–2005

I was deeply saddened to hear of the passing of Mitch Hedberg. My favorite comedian, I was able to catch his show last month and he was as entertaining as ever. Here is a small sampling of his unique humor:

Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something

I would imagine if you understood Morse code, a tap dancer would drive you crazy

When someone hands you a flier, it's like they're saying, 'Here, you throw this away.'

Last week I helped my friend stay put. It's a lot easier than helping someone move. I just went over to his house and made sure that he did not start to load shit into a truck.

I got my hair highlighted, because I felt some strands were more important than others.

I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it.

This product that was on TV was available for four easy payments of $19.95. I would like a product that was available for three easy payments and one complicated payment. We can't tell you which payment it is, but one of these payments is going to hard.

I saw a human pyramid once. It was totally unnecessary.

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughnut. I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, "Don't even act like I didn't buy a doughnut, I've got the documentation right here. It's in my file at home. Under 'D'."

Someone handed me a picture and said, "This is a picture of me when I was younger." Every picture of you is when you were younger. "...Here's a picture of me when I'm older." Where'd you get that camera man?

Comments

Anonymous said…
no way! do you know a cause of death? i guess we were some of the lucky ones to see him recently...further, i'm surprised the LaGrange local paper didn't run this story:)...paris
Cecilly said…
I believe news sources cited a heart attack, but there was speculation of a heroin overdose as well. In any case, I'm sad he's gone.