Chipotle Rice

My regular Chipotle order? Two vegetarian soft tacos. My favorite part? The rice. After some experimentation, I think I may have broken the code on Chipotle's 'special sauce' for its delectable rice. Ok, so it's probably not a secret, and not difficult to dissect, but I am excited nonetheless.

Pop a package of Uncle Ben's Original Long Grain Ready Rice into the microwave. It only needs 90 seconds to cook--doesn't get much easier than that. Add the juice of a fresh lime, some chopped fresh cilantro, and a touch of butter (or butter-like product). Voila! Delicious, Chipotle-like rice in about 5 minutes of prep time.


Update: My culinary genius is not so genius after all. A quick look at the Chipotle ingredients online reveals the 'secret' ingredients of the aptly-named Cilantro-Lime Rice:

We steam white rice every hour...then toss it with freshly chopped cilantro, a dash of citrus juice and a little salt.

Comments