Open Letter to J.Crew

I aired my comments regarding shorts before. But apparently they need repeating.

Dear J.Crew,

Your emails regularly land in my inbox touting the latest trend I need to be aware of. I'm ok with the preppy sweaters, classic chinos, and even the occasional popped collar on your fresh-faced, all-natural, just-returned-from-a-clambake-at-marthas-vinyard models. But this most recent ad is unacceptable. These shorts DO NOT LOOK GOOD on 99% of women. They aren't even terribly flattering on your perfect size 2 models in the photo. Stop trying to sell us clothes that will make our thighs look chubby and our legs resemble tree stumps.

This is nearly as bad as the attempted resurgence of the skinny jean (aka, the fancy way to bring back pegged-leg pants without the peg, Yes, we all did it and we looked like huge, pear-shaped idiots, but I digress...).

I will not be buying burmuda shorts, and will encourage any woman I like to avoid them as well. Thank you.

Comments