Recovering

The lasers went in my eyeballs and I wasn't blinded, so I'm calling the surgery a success. It's definitely not as pain-free as the brochures would have you believe, but it's also not the worst thing ever. Plus, for the first time since I can remember, I can SEE without contacts or glasses. It's pretty amazing.

Some side effects I could do without: 1) The bruising in & around my eyes which will stick around for up to 3 weeks; couple this with no make-up for a week, and I'm one hot mama. 2) The sporty goggles I'm supposed to use whenever I sleep to keep me from rubbing my eyes. I can't keep the darn things on my head, so I've improvised and wrap them lightly around my hands when I'm dozing to remind me not to touch.

Comments

Anonymous said…
the goggles make you look like the latest contestant on Takeshi's Castle:Most Extreme Elimination Challenge. i love it!

-glad the surgery was a success-
(xo paris)
Cecilly said…
Maybe I'll let you borrow them sometime :0)