Meal Planning

I have found that if I want to eat well, I need to have a very organized approach to cooking and dining throughout the week. Almost every Sunday, I sit down with the computer and plan out a week's worth of meals and a grocery list. When I need a little inspiration, I keep a large running list of tried-and-true meal options broken into categories (pasta, poultry, seafood, soups...) that I can pick from.

Even so, I get into ruts every now and then, so I decided to google meal planning and found this treasure trove of ideas: Menu Plan Mondays. People from all over can submit their weekly meal plans and they are all posted in one place -- genius! There's something for everyone: cooking for children, low-fat options, vegetarian menus, gluten- and dairy-free ideas, etc. I'm hooked!

Comments