Mousse

Another adventure in low-carb desserts: tofu mousse. For my first attempt, I adapted this recipe from Baking Bites, switching out the sugar for a Splenda blend. I'm not sure how much if affects the consistency, since you only use 1/2 the amount of Splenda as you would for sugar. Also, I used frozen strawberries instead of raspberries, since that's what I had on hand in the freezer. I'm guessing most berries would work.

Silken Raspberry Mousse
12 oz. tofu (silken)
1 1/2 cups raspberries
1/4 cup Splenda Sugar Blend
1/2 tsp vanilla extact

Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until very smooth, about 6 minutes. Divide into individual serving dishes and chill for at least two hours before serving. Serves 4.

Next on the menu? A chocolate option, perhaps combining elements of these three recipes.

Comments

shaySL said…
I don't understand why you wouldn't try my boxed diabetic mix (Sans Sucre)? It's simple, delicious and virtually schlep-proof?

SL