Mini Meatloaf

I rarely cook with ground beef anymore and have found that now we often prefer the taste of ground turkey substitute, especially in this recipe. I don't have anything against a large meatloaf, it's just that these individually-portioned loaves bake faster for an easier weeknight meal. I prepare them the night before, pop them in the oven as soon as I get home from work, and they are usually done by the time the side dishes are prepared.

Mini Turkey Meatloaves
1 lb. ground turkey
one egg, beaten
whole wheat bread crumbs
worchestershire sauce
finely grated carrot
garlic powder
chow chow (optional, if you like a hint of heat)
salt and pepper
BBQ sauce

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Form mixture into four miniature meatloves. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray, lightly glaze with BBQ sauce, and bake at 400F for 25-35 min. or until done. The grated carrot will help keep the loaf moist if you have a tendency to overcook meat like I do. And, it's a sneaky way to get a little boy to eat some extra vegetables.

Comments

slogan6929 said…
What do you think it means that your week always starts on Friday?

SL
Cecilly said…
That I make my shopping list on Thursday night??