Crepes

My blender gets a workout every weekday for my breakfast smoothie, but this past weekend, it was used for a greater purpose: crepes! I whipped up the recipe from my Betty Crocker cookbook and poured out a dozen thin crepes, just like the ones I remember mom making when we were little. I stuffed mine with strawberries and vanilla yogurt and drizzled some melted dark chocolate chips over the top.

Crepes
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups milk
2 Tbsp. stick margarine or butter, melted
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 large eggs

Add all ingredients into blender and mix well. Refrigerate for an hour. Heat a large skillet over medium and coat with cooking spray. For each crepe, pour 1/4 to 1/3 cup batter into skillet. Immediately rotate skillet until thin film covers bottom and cook until light brown. Run wide spatula around edge to loosen; turn and cook other side until light brown. Stack crepes, placing waxed paper between each; keep covered.

Comments